Saturday, July 27, 2013

New Jersey it is!

Posted by Kaelee at 7:54 PM
Got the job :)
I found out last weekend. I emailed their previous nanny early last week to get some feedback, but just heard back from her Sunday.... after I had said I would take the job. Some of the things she had to say weren't the greatest. I replied very fast hoping she could get back to me with some more info but I haven't heard from her again. I mentioned to the HF that I was concerned about what she had to say and they told me nothing was ever brought to their attention from this girl. That they were hurt she was so unhappy. Which makes me think a bit. These kinds of experiences are totally not worth it if you cant speak up for yourself. Communication is key. If you can't voice your opinion with the things you are unhappy about with the family, what do you expect other than to be miserable? I know it's hard, I've been in that situation, but really, whats the worst than can come of it?

Anyway, we are working things out and I will probably move over there in the next few weeks. I mentioned I was a bit unsure of committing for a year based on what this girl said. So I suggested we do a trial run. Say, 90 days and then re-evaluate then. If we get along and there are no problems then that's great and we can continue. If things are so swell, we will just part ways. They agreed. So we shall see what happens. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

in between dreams Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos